Tuesday 26 March 2013

Spring clean

It's still bitterly cold and as I finished pegging the washing on the line it started snowing.With Easter this weekend and a poor weather forecast,Spring is definately being kept at bay.

In the meantime I'm busy making lists of jobs to do in preparation for Spring Fling-as well as delivering the beautiful glossy brochures across venues in and around Dumfries.The pocket-sized maps are also being well- received.

Priority is preparing a body of work -however this  takes place in the studio...which is also the dining room.Working in mixed media means that I have accumulated piles of 'stuff'-fabrics,images,papers,buttons,shells,pastels,paints,crayons,glue,sand......Of course it will be used at some point but in the meantime it needs organising into accessible locations...



 So despite Spring not being in the air I'm spring-cleaning for Spring Fling.Cupboards emptied,'stuff' boxed and labelled and a general de-cluttering.


With under 60 days to go I'll be able to welcome visitors to a welcoming  homely space to see my work and enjoy  the refreshments on offer-cakes,biscuits, buns etc.That however, is on my daughter's list!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment