Tuesday 12 March 2013

Plastered.....

At university I enjoyed delving into different areas of exploration. Each module followed a pathway but the encouragement to digress led to some interesting outcomes.

Initially I'd looked at memory then changed direction to freemasonry-after a visit to Rosslyn Chapel near Edinburgh & it's Apprentice Pillar & masons marks.

I began to experiment and a new pathway emerged-leading me into the world of 3D. For this,new media was necessary-working with plaster for starters.I made small frames & made plaster tablets -trying to incorporate different materials such as ink,slate dust,hessian,clay etc.

In my mind I was going to build my own pillar-made of plaster slabs.In the end I made a starting point but took another path.




  
                 Plaster slab 30 x 45cm
                 Slate dust,acrylic ink,clay,hessian

No comments:

Post a Comment