Wednesday 24 April 2013

Inktense......

Busy,busy,loads of jobs to do,endless juggling of family lives  but as the children are back at school after their Easter holidays I have a couple of uninterrupted hours during the day.Ive been working on a new piece but revisiting a work I've previously done on canvas and also as a much larger watercolour.

This work measures 16 x 12 inches . I drew the design on lightly then used washes of watercolour and gouache paints. I then used Derwent Inktense pencils for line and definition.These pencils were recommended by a friend and are excellent.When wet the colour becomes more vibrant and the colours of the pencils just suit my work.
Acrylic inks were applied wet on wet and also with a reed pen.A fine black pen was used to add the strata as well as pencil. Watersoluble graphite pencil was also used.
I'll leave it for a couple of days then work out where I need to add any additional colour/lines.....


No comments:

Post a Comment