Tuesday 2 April 2013

Life before texture

I had one of those interesting conversations last week which basically revolved around the use of texture in my work.How had it happened,where had it come from? And it really made me think ...The last few pieces of artwork have followed a similar vein-layering gesso,using modelling paste and additional materials such as sand or textiles to the support even before I start with colour.

Prior to this I used a variety of media but on watercolour paper and the effect was completely different.




This is quite a large piece-watercolour paint,acrylic paint,acrylic ink,graphite pencil on watercolour paper.
That conversation inspired me to revisit my watercolour paper and I'm enjoying the change.It also reminded me that the above piece still lacks a title so I can have a think on that one too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment