Monday 8 April 2013

Whale-Road

Not only do I enjoy using a variety of media in my work,I also enjoy thinking about different ways to present my work. This was encouraged at college where we had to produce a triptych.According to the Oxford Dictionary a triptych is :

'a set of three associated artistic,literary or musical works intended to be appreciated together'.

It's form arises from early Christian art and was a popular standard format for altar paintings from the Middle Ages onwards. Three carved or painted panels were hinged together with the largest middle panel being flanked by two smaller related works.  

First time around it was challenging-composition across three panels and making it work together.....My latest triptych consists of three 20 x 20cm canvases.




No comments:

Post a Comment