Tuesday 21 May 2013

Almost there....

In three days time I'll open my doors along with 93 other participants in this year's Spring Fling across Dumfries and Galloway. This last week has been a bit hectic with being away for the weekend and the day to day activities that seem to eat into what little time is left.

I was at Abbey Cottage tearoom at New Abbey on Monday morning hanging work in their gallery . As my studio is in my dining room then Abbey Cottage has allowed  me a bit of extra space which is great.

I had a huge clear-out and clean of my studio  today.Tomorrow I'll collect the last of my work from Phil's Frames so I can finish hanging my work ...and the tricky pricing.....
I've had some cards printed which I'm really pleased with  and daughter Bea is preparing her pop-up bakery for the weekend.She practiced with a Victoria sponge for my birthday and the results as ever ,were delicious.....

This piece is a detail of Orkney cliff- face:watercolour,Inktense pencils ,watersoluble graphite pencil,pen,coloured fine tip pens,silver leaf...A time consuming piece but looks really effective in its frame ....It's on show at Abbey Cottage .....




2 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best over the Spring Fling Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim,and to you and Maggie....x

    ReplyDelete