Sunday 26 May 2013

Spring Fling so far

It's the end of Day 2 of Spring Fling, the open studio event across Dumfries and Galloway.I didn't know what to expect but the experience has been wonderful if not exhausting. So many people have come to see my work,my sketchbooks,interested by the narrative of the Orkney islands and Norse mythology.Comments and feedback have been exceptionally positive .I'm just so appreciative of the fact that people have selected my studio to visit and we have had people visit from many different places and countries which has been fascinating.

This is an image of the work that hangs in the hallway.....


 

I'm also fortunate to have a body of work up in Abbey Cottage tearoom at New Abbey. With the sun shining I've been able to direct people to the tearoom as they follow the Orange route out to the coast.

These are images of work up at Abbey Cottage...where the food is just delicious ,staff are lovely ,they've won awards for the tea ...and the location is out of this world...



Well it will be an early night and hopefully the sun will shine on the final day of the Fling.Looking forward to meeting and greeting folk tomorrow...in fact it will be  strange when it is all over as so much planning and preparation has gone into the weekend.But new doors are opening which is very exciting....  
  

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Helen. It looks fab. When all is done and dusted I'd like to talk to you about the whole experience x x

    ReplyDelete