Tuesday 28 May 2013

Spring Flung...

 Today has been a quiet day getting the house back to normal, catching up with friends,delivering a piece of work and admiring its new home.It's also been a chance to reflect on the last three days of Spring Fling.The weekend far exceeded my expectations.I was overwhelmed by the fact that people had made the time and effort to visit my studio. People have travelled from all over the UK and other  countries. We've had interesting discussions, exchanges of ideas and knowledge,discussions on sketchbooks,materials and techniques, books to read ...the list is endless.

Family and friends have been very supportive-from donations of baking for my daughter Bea's Bakery,Judith my friend helping out to Mum and Dad doing the gardening!Thank goodness it was dry and sunny for two days!

Of course I was so busy talking that I forgot to take photos but here is an image that Tonia from Spring Fling took as she worked her way around the Orange route....





   The balloons were great as people felt welcomed and it was an eye-catching way for people to notice the studio as we are on a busy main road. Huge thanks to Stuart Houston the butcher-allowing use of his car park for three days made our house accessible to visitors.
 So thank -you to everyone who has supported me-I couldn't have done it without you and it really is appreciated. I'm now going to take time to recover and then will start exploring the new pathways that are beginning to open up.....exciting times ahead ....  

No comments:

Post a Comment